Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Seachant Castle

Since starting this blog, I've become much more of a Castle fan. Of course Space/sci-fi still has a special place in my heart, but I've been blogging and building more Castle things recently. This MOC by 'Sergeant Chipmunk' is a perfect example of what I love in a Castle build. 
The castle itself has an interesting design and color scheme (somewhat refreshingly, there's very little gray), but it's also not the only thing in this scene, which is this builder's largest MOC to date. 
Look at those curves in the front wall and tower!
This castle's on the coastline, and right out front we get a chunky little ship with a few soldiers on it, sailing off on a grand journey (or possibly just a swing around the harbor). 
There's a little island too, and on it is a smaller boat and its equally pint-sized captain, with his loyal dog. I like the construction of those trees - if only I could figure it out I might employ something like it in my own MOCs!
Finally, the last part of this packed build is a little village on the coast, beneath the castle. The houses are nothing groundbreaking but it's the little details that make this pop: the fantastically built rock wall and trickling stream; the knight statue in a pool in the village center; the detail in the landscaping and foliage. 

Overall, a great build and probably my favorite castle MOC so far this year. 

P.S. (I hope the builder does not mind me adding a personal note onto the end of this post...) As you may have noticed, The Brick Bucket is now running ads in the sidebar. I've tried to make them as unobtrusive as possible. Clicking on these ads, or even just viewing a page containing an ad, will help support The Brick Bucket and make it a better site for readers. If I get enough revenue I can start running contests and doing other cool things. Thanks for taking the time to support the blog; let me know if you have any queries or suggestions! 

No comments: