Friday, July 3, 2015

Metroid Prime boss battle

While scrolling through my Flickr feed today, pondering the many fine MOCs I saw, my ties to this blog posed a new question besides the usual ones ("Wow, I wonder how many bricks that took?" "Now how did they accomplish that angle?" "Where on earth does anyone get that many T-pieces?!").

I was faced with the difficult decision of what to blog. 

Well, difficult until I saw Canadian builder Jared Rosenblitt's mindblowing Artifact Temple Showdown from Metroid Prime.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ummwho/sets/72157654964157048

Clicking the above photo leads to a photo album that includes detail shots of the impressively SNOTed teal highlights and views of both Samus Aran and the build's centerpiece, Meta-Ridley. Using a delicious assortment of purple parts, this terrifying villain is a masterpiece in its own right.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ummwho/18752123816/in/album-72157654964157048/
An ambiguously named "Part 2" will be unveiled next year, which will "complete" the build according to Jared. I highly look forward to seeing the final product.

No comments: